Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Three 'Whys' of Blogging

Why did I decide to Blog? 

I was up for the challenge.
“A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” James Keller
Why you might want to read my Blog?
“We are like the moon. The moon shines anyway, but it does not produce its own light. It reflects the light illuminated onto its surface by the Sun and is never proud to say, "I am the source of light". God shines through us, hence He deserves the glory; not us.”  Israelmore Ayivor
Most of my ideas are not original. I am not trying to re-invent the wheel. There are many resources out there and it can be overwhelming. I spend a good amount of time researching and reading and this blog will be the home of my ideas and conclusions. I will give credit where credit is due. My posts will include; what I happened to research that day, new things I tried, happenings in my kitchen, taking care of baby, things to up cycle, becoming a minimalist, preparing for the future, going green, alternative beauty and household products, and whatever else enters my mind. 

Why the name of the Blog? 

I love the play on my last name, Lewman and nation (my home). I wish to share some "illuminating" thoughts and ideas on family, keeping house, food, and taking care of the body. Shining the light on different ways of looking at how we live our lives and how we might want to live our lives. I like to shine light on how people did things in the past that were great and embracing innovating ideas of the future. Light fills the whole room and like light I wish to look on how to improve every aspect of my life, my Lewman Nation. 

“Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.”  Anne Frank
  


3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the my days being brightened my the Lewman Nation. Love the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my light! I love this and can't wait to gobble up all your wonderful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete